Wednesday 14 September 2011

Digital Tools - Fish Assignment

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Final

First Try


This is the cute little fishy I made for Zub's Digital Tools class.  This fish character I pictured being tropical and ornate, like a Lionfish. This is actually my second attempt at painting the fish, as my first try I struggled with the scales and the atmosphere of underwater. This time around I feel had much more refinement, as well as a generally more 3D feel. Painting was never my strongest suit, but I definitely feel this shows an improvement over my work from last semester. I experimented with more brushes throughout, particularly with the fins and scales. In the future I hope to expand upon the fish in colour, and possibly a more ornate background as well.

- David

No comments:

Post a Comment